Centrasite and SOA Governance
ProSoft provides the support for CentraSite as it serves as the central "system of record" for the Web services and other assets of an organization and provides the tools and infrastructure necessary to implement and manage SOA-based applications successfully.
ProSoft supports the entire development lifecycle with Centrasite of an SOA-based application, from its design and implementation to its deployment and ongoing operation in the runtime environment.
Some of the major benefits of ProSoft’s CentraSite
- Prosoft provides a flexible framework to model any custom asset Types, default installation comes with 25 pre-defined asset Types. Ex- webServices, XML schema, BPEL etc.
- Prosoft provides framework to create multiple Organizations with the same repository, Organizations can be used to group assets and provide granular control of access to assets with in the Enterprise.
- ProSoft creates user authencation basing on the following options.
- Active Directory
- Supports life cycle models that help to track assets from its conception to retirement.
- Supports design/change time polices that can be used to ensure the assets entering the repository confirms the standards, enterprise and industry best practices
- Runtime policies define the sequence of actions a Policy Enforcement Point performs on receipt of request from a consumer.
- Authenticates the consumer application.
- Validates the incoming request against the WSDL.
- Alerts administrators if the average response falls below a defined threshold value.
- Supports exposing native services as virtual services, thereby providing a layer of abstraction between service consumers and providers.
- Another important feature is impact analysis, this option by default is provides a graphical representation of dependencies of any service, a great feature that come very handy to identify the impact of any change to a particular service.
- Supports Federation of registries
- Tracks run time performance of service as reported by PEP, service performance stats are made available at a service level using CentraSite UI.
- Provides a rich set of Java API to manage Registry and Repository objects programmatically.
The process of the decision making and process by which the decisions are implemented and not implemented. We have all seen at the macro level; a lack of good governance always leads to chaos, the same applies at micro level whether it is an individual, a group or an organization. A practice of good governance guided by strong set of principles, and with dedicated team of enforcers always makes any system to run in peace and harmony.
ProSoft supports the concept when applied to any SOA initiative that will lead to its success and to its wider acceptance. SOA governance is the process used to oversee and control the adoption and implementation of service-oriented architecture (SOA) in accordance with recognized practices, principles and guidelines. All well-tailored SOA initiative provides the following benefits.
- Increases Business and IT confidence.
- Increases ROI by reducing service duplication and increasing service utilization.
- Reduces service maintenance costs.